JONES CHAPEL CHURCH SERVERSÂ for FEB 2014:
ACOLYTE: Â Â Â JEFFREY FARRIS
CHILD. CH.:Â BRANT/VICKI
GREETERS: Â Â BOB & MARYELLEN SHUGART
ACOLYTE: Â Â Â CHRISTIAN CREASMAN
CHILD. CH.:Â AMBER/MATTHEW
GREETERS:Â RAY & FAYE ERVIN
ACOLYTE:Â Â Â CECIL FARRIS
CHILD. CH.:Â DOT/EVELYN
GREETERS:Â DAVID & PERRY RIDEN
ACOLYTE:Â Â Â Â JEFFREY FARRIS
CHILD. CH.:Â BO/STEPHANIE DOT/EVELYN
GREETER:Â Â Â TO BE ANNOUNCED
- Sunday, January 5th, the YOUTH will meet at 5:30 PM vs. 6:30 on SUN, JAN 12th.
- McMINN MINISTRIES IS THURS., JAN. 5 AT THE COOK MINISTRY CENTER AT 7:00 PM. COME TO THE GOSPEL SINGING ON FRIDAY NIGHTS AT 7:00PM.
- Wednesday, January 8, 2014,Â MEALS & MEETINGSÂ will be earlier this month so that last minute discussion can be made regarding our Ladies Conference.
- LADIES CONFERENCEÂ is earlier this year on Saturday, JAN 11 Â from 9 AMÂ – 2 PM.
Our guest speaker is Jean Henderson on “Approaching the Future Joyfully”
from Nehemiah 8:10Â ” the joy of the Lord is your strength.”
- SUN, JAN 12th at 3:00 PM, Reg. 2:30 = District Training at Walker Valley School for ALL church members: @finance, PPR, Youth Resurrection, Small Churches and WORSHIP together as we seek God first and show His will by sharing the Love 0f Jesus!Â THANK YOU: Vicki Nichols, Judy Henderson, Amanda Thyberg, David & Perry Riden for attending with Pastor John & Gayle Crabtree.Â Rev Mika on MATT 13:44 Buried Treasure in Field bought, so it’s time to dig & make a crash of an impact at home, work and church to find the gifts that God has in store for His people.
- Monday, January 13, 2014, Pastor John and Gayle will be having anÂ OPEN HOUSEÂ at the parsonage from 6 to 7:30.Â They will have snacks and fellowship.Â Hoping to see you then.
- FRI, JAN 17th 4:00 PM YOUTH gather at the JC UMC to depart for Resurrection.
- SUN, JAN 26th 5:00 PM PPR Meeting at JC UMC to complete some District forms.
2014:Â Missy McCowan – Wesleyanna (Chair), Grace Trew – Wes., Nathan Walker – JC
2015:Â Mary Lou Bivens – Wes., Stephanie Shugart – JC, Faye Ervin – JC
2016:Â David Riden – JC, Bobby Smith – Wes., Faye Songer – Wes.
- WED, JAN 29th 6:00 PM Bible Study has been cancelled due to bad weather & icy roads.
- FRI-SAT, JAN 31st FEB 1st Mens’ Conference at Woodstock, GA. Pastor John, Bobbie, Don, Tiny & Wes thought it was Good and men need to mentor & sponsor the young.
- SUN, FEB 2nd 5:00 PM Evening Worship has been moved up from scheduled 6:00 PM.
- WED, FEB 5th 6:00 PM Bible Study will be at Church with 6:30 FLC cleanup to follow.
- SAT, FEB 8th 6:30 PM Relay for Life Valentines Banquet in FLC, take out = 5:30 pickup.
- SUN, FEB 16th 6:30 PM Evening Worship with Peter Najjar+Kazakhstan Mission stories
- WED, FEB. 19th 6:00 Meals and Meetings.
- FUTURE Date 9:00 AM Meet at the church to go help cleanup brush & trees at Hazel’s
* WED BIBLE STUDYÂ will beÂ 6:00 PMÂ at JANE TREWâ€™S HOME until further notice.
PRAYER CHAIN REQUESTS -Â (see “Groups” for Prayer Chain Participation):
- January 1, 2014:Â Cynthia Briggs is in ICU at Etowah Star Hospital with low blood pressure plus other issues and needs prayer for comfort, strength and healing. After improving at Fort Sanders and off the ventilator, please pray for REHAB in Athens.
- January 8, 2014:Â B. L. Ervin (Ray’s brother) UT Surgery for 2 big broken bones in foot with loss of feeling and circulation.Â Need prayer to save toes, foot and leg.Â Signs of some circulation improvement, Doctors decision on Monday 13th, was a good report and he was sent home with all his body parts, a super praise.
- January 10, 2014:Â Jim Tipton (Evelyn’s brother) is now at Morning Point, but still under heavy medication with family members visiting on shifts around the clock.
- January 19, 2014:Â Martha Rose McDowell is struggling to get over the “Creeping Crud”
- January 20, 2014:Â Prayer for Brittany’s nana, papaw and decisions in the coming days.
- JAN 24, 2014:Â Please Pray for Maggie with passing of Earl Rayburn.Â Details:
Visitation 4-8 Mon, JAN 27th Heart Gathering at I-75 Exit 7 at Bonnie Oaks next to US Express Office.Â Interment 1 pm Tue, JAN 30th in Charleston, TN.
- JAN 29, 2014: Carole Blassingame in Comma and passed away Monday morning, FEB 3rd at 8 am.Â ArrangementsÂ are Thursday, FEB 6th receiving friends from 3 till 7:30 with 7:30 Service at Jones Funeral Home in Chatsworth, Georgia.
- FEB 09, 2014: Gayle Crabtree who is seeking out of state medical research assistance
- FEB 16, 2014: Marianna Riden at Fort Sanders, Knoxville with lung cancer. Family needs to make decision.Â Decision made and Marianna when to be with her parentsÂ MON 17th
- Pray for family of Mike Reynolds that when on the be with Jesus last week.
- Pray for the family of Jane’s brother, who also when to be with Jesus last week.
Sunday Worship:Â 11:00 AM
in “The Chapel” Sanctuary
Â Â United Methodist Church People –
Open hearts.Â Open minds.Â Open doors
10:00 AM Sunday School:
Sunday School Teachers since September 2013 (Promotion Sunday) are:
NURSERY: Â Â Â Â is provided by rotating adults (JAN 12th is Nancy & Christian)
PRESCHOOL:Â Tammy Barker and Dot Humphrey Â Â (Grandparents of Preschool Age Kids)
KÂ – 3:Â Â Â Â Nancy Crabtree Â Â (loves all children)
4Â – 6:Â Â Â Â Kim Farris Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â (a talented musician)
7 – 12:Â Â Bob ShugartÂ Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â (our resident golf pro)
COLLEGE AGE:Â Wes Farris and Amber MurphyÂ Â (young adults teaching young adults)
ADULT BIBLE STUDY: Â Â Stephanie ShugartÂ Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â (Bible discussion)
ADULT TOPIC STUDY:Â Â Bobby FarrisÂ Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â (Subject discussion in Family Life Center)
SUNDAY SCHOOL SUPERINTENDENT:Â Don Barker