May 2016-Jones Chapel Newsletter
Jones Chapel UMC
Sharing The News
“Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members
of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful.” Colossians 3:15
WELCOME TO OUR CHURCH
We welcome each and every one of our
visitors each Sunday. We pray that you will
come back and worship with us and make
Jones Chapel your home.
* REMEMBER THE MINISTRY OFFERING FOR MIRACLE LAKE, MORNING STAR MINISTRIES, OR WOMEN AT THE WELL, IS THE FIRST SUNDAY OF EACH MONTH. PRAY AND OBEY.
*COME TO BIBLE STUDY ON WED. NIGHTS AT 6:00 PM.
* MCMINN MINISTRIES IS THURS., MAY 6 AT THE COOK MINISTRY CENTER AT 7:00 PM. COME TO THE GOSPEL SINGING ON FRIDAY NIGHTS AT 7:00PM.
* 3RD WED., MAY 18 MEALS AND MEETINGS AT 6 PM.
* MAY 14-BALANCE OF CHOCTAW MISSION TRIP FEE DUE.
* A SHUT-IN IS LISTED IN THE BULLETIN EACH WEEK.
* PLEASE PRAY, SEND A CARD, OR VISIT.
* PLEASE CALL CHARLCIA BAKER AT 336-2193 FOR THE PRAYER CHAIN.
* CALL OR TEXT TAMMY BY FRIDAY AT 920-1236 TO GIVE HER BULLETIN INFO.
* CALL FAYE TO PUT YOUR DATE ON CALENDAR TO USE THE FAMILY LIFE CENTER.
* CALL PERRY (336-5751), LESLYE-CALL OR TEXT (336-1285/506-4139) OR EMAIL: email@example.com BY THE 3RD SUNDAY OF THE MONTH TO PUT PRAYER REQUESTS OR ARTICLES IN THE NEXT NEWSLETTER.
LET’S PRAY FOR:
AGNES JOINES & FAMILY
ANGIE TUTEN & FAMILY
CHOCTAW MISSION TRIP
CHOCTAW UM MISSION
CYNTHIA BRIGGS & FAMILY
FAMILY OF BILL WILSON
FAMILY OF CHERYL KAUFFMAN
FAMILY OF GLADYS LEAMON
FAMILY OF SUE CRABTREE
FAYE AKINS & FAMILY
FRANK & ANN WALDROP
ISRAEL & JERUSALEM
JONES CHAPEL FOOD BANK
LINDA & LONNIE MACKEY
LIZ & ALEX WILSON
MARTHA ROSE MCDOWELL MICHELLE ROBERTS & FAMILY
MILITARY & VETERANS
MR. & MRS. ESTEL CODY
OUR PRESIDENT & ALL GOVERNMENT LEADERS
OUR MILITARY & FAMILIES
OUR SCHOOLS, COLLEGES & TEACHERS, & STUDENTS
OUR LOCAL HOMELESS
OUTLOOK WOMEN SERV.
PASTOR JOHN & FAMILY
PETER NAJJAR & FAMILY
RENEE QUEEN & FAMILY
THOSE UNDER PERSECUTION
UNSAVED FAMILY & FRIENDS
While Jesus was still speaking, someone
came from the house of Jairus, the
synagogue leader. “Your daughter is
dead,” he said. “Don’t bother the teacher anymore.” Hearing this, Jesus said
to Jairus, “Don’t be afraid; just
believe, and she will be healed.”
HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY
Happy Birthday and
all our celebrants:
7 TYLER BAIN
31 BRANT THOMPSON
5 HD & SHELIA STUDDARD
22 BERT & LESLYE BERIA
28 AMOS & DOT HUMPHREY
For the LORD is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations. Psalm 100:5
Date When Celebrated: Always May 1st
May Day, the first of May is celebrated around the world. It has a number of meanings. In many other countries it is a celebration of spring and the coming of summer. It is celebrated with many spring flowers, many of them blooming right in your own backyard. To communist and socialist countries, it is a celebration for the workers.
In many countries it is celebrated as part of a one to three day holiday. Of particular note, it is not a national holiday in the United States, except in Hawaii where it is known as “Lei Day”.
Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly,
teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God.
ACOLYTE JEFFREY FARRIS
GREETERS RAY & FAYE ERVIN
ACOLYTE BREANNA BARKER
NURSERY NO NURSERY
GREETERS RON & KELLI UNDERHILL
ACOLYTE ELI SNEED
GREETERS DAVID & PERRY RIDEN
ACOLYTE CHEYDEN BUCKNER
GREETER VICKI NICHOLS
ACOLYTE JEFFREY FARRIS
GREETERS DON & TAMMY BARKER
“If anyone serves Me, he must follow Me; and where I am, there My servant will be also; if
anyone serves Me, the Father will honor him.”
Used by permission
As one whom his mother comforts, so I will comfort you. Isaiah 66:13
HAVE A BLESSED MONTH!
SEE YOU NEXT TIME!
REMEMBER THAT JESUS LOVES YOU!